Chilled Vegetable SaladStolen from Gretchen Smith
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 (7-ounce) jar diced pimiento, undrained
- 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can small sweet green peas, drained
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can French-cut green beans, drained
- 1 (11-ounce) can white shoepeg corn, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil in small saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring often, 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Remove dressing from heat, and cool 30 minutes.
Stir together chopped bell pepper and next 8 ingredients in a large bowl; gently stir in dressing. Cover and chill salad for 8 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon.
NOTE: Salad may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for several days.