About Us Blog Books Games Movies Music Photos Trips
Prev | Detailed List | Next

Family and Baseball in Atlanta

Click to view Family and Baseball in Atlanta photo album

Atlanta, GA
Friday, July 7, 2006 - Sunday, July 9, 2006
Family and Baseball in Atlanta photos

Purpose: To visit with family and see a baseball game

More details:
Gabe and I visited my grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins this weekend in Atlanta along with my parents. We also went to the Braves/Reds game on Sunday before heading back to NC.

Gabe and I drove to Davidson on Friday evening where we visited with my parents and spent the night. We all woke up bright and early to hit the road and head to Atlanta. Our first stop in Atlanta was to visit my Grandma at her home. We spent some time with her looking at photos. The weather was nice, so we spent some time on the patio.

We then drove to my other grandparents house where we visited with Grandma, Grandpa, Frances, Bill, John Thomas, and Joseph. We had a nice meal together and took some family photos. I had an interesting time trying to figure out how to best set up the fancy camera for a group portrait. Fortunately, everyone seemed to have just enough patience to get a few good group shots.

After the Bursons left, we watched some of the baseball game and played some cards. The Braves won both Saturday and Sunday's games, so my family was happy. Gabe wished that his team, the Reds, could have won...but he took the losses pretty well.

After breakfast (cheesy eggs, yum!), my cousin Karen met up with us and went to the baseball game with my parents, Gabe and me. The game started at 1pm on a sunny summer afternoon in Hotlanta. We were in the sun for the first half of the game, so it was quite warm! Despite the heat, a nice crowd turned out to see the Braves thump the Reds. 8 runs on 17 hits! What a blowout! We took Marta to the game and back which turned out to be pretty easy. Grandma and Grandpa live only a mile from the Marta station, so it saved us the hassles of Atlanta traffic!

We returned to my grandparents house after the game and had a quick meal with leftovers from our dinner the previous night. We hopped into the car after dinner and barely made any stops all the way home. We made one stop for drinks early in the trip, and then we made a quick pitstop late in the trip. Once we got to Davidson, Gabe and I hopped into the car and drove to Raleigh. I was so happy that we didn't run into any of the usual traffic on the way home. We managed to make it all the way back without stopping, so we made pretty good time.

We had another good weekend full of family visiting! We just wish that the trips weren't so quick these days, but we're saving vacation days for our wedding and honeymoon this year!